There was an error in this gadget

Friday, May 20, 2011

Puzzled

Remember Cherry Biscuit? I brought it back to Malaysia with me. There isn't anywhere else to hang it in my room except on the window curtain rail. My bed is right beside the window, so when I stand on my bed, I can reach the curtain rail with ease.

Now here's the strange story. Since I came back, I had twice tried to remove Cherry Biscuit from the curtain rail... in my sleep! I woke up in the middle of the night, stood up on my bed, and started trying to undo the bendy wire used to attach Cherry Biscuit to the curtain rail. I guess I was really only half-conscious, because I remember being very disoriented and uncoordinated in my attempts, even using brute force. And as I became more and more awakened, I realised how silly I must've seemed, and went back to bed. The next morning, I would recall the experience like recalling a dream, only slightly more real.

So that happened to me twice and finally, 2 nights ago on my third "attempt", Cherry Biscuit came off the curtain rail. The next morning, I saw Cherry Biscuit lying on my desk and the bendy wire still dangling off the curtain rail.

Now I'm really, really puzzled. Why does the sleepy me keep wanting to remove Cherry Biscuit from the curtain rail? It's not like it was at an obstructive or distracting location. I've slept underneath it since my Singapore days. Nothing happened then. So why now?

Any idea? Anyone? Someone with psychology knowledge, perhaps?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I would say stressed induced behaviour.

kaioucat said...

you think so? but i'm not stressed...i think..