Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Steamboat @ Water Cress Valley, Cameron Highlands

Last weekend, I went to Cameron Highlands for the 2nd time in 4 months. This time I went with colleagues. Steamboat is by default the must-eat meal while visiting Cameron Highlands, so you can find loads and loads of steamboat restaurants there.

We went to this restaurant called Water Cress Valley.


The food was quite good. Well, as good as steamboat goes. The ingredients were fresh, except for the fish slices. Not surprising, it being so high up in the highlands and all. Frankly, the food wasn't that much to shout about.


But what I love most about the place was the environment. We were dining on a platform overseeing the hills. Although unfortunately we could only see darkness at night, we could feel the mountain breeze and and absolutely fresh air. The temperature dropped and dropped as the night deepened, and we froze every now and then when the wind blew. The steaming hot steamboat contrasted with the surrounding temperature very nicely. Add to all that with great company and a nice bottle of red wine, and we had a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.


Now comes the boring part - the bills. There were 7 of us, and we paid about RM300+ for the meal. That included many many varieties of dishes and cups of water cress drinks. We were totally stuffed by the end of the meal. So I say it's worth it.

Will I recommend this place to others? Yes, I will. Will I go back again? For the environment, yes I most definitely will.