There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, December 4, 2010

El Cerdo @ Changkat Bukit Bintang, KL

So I went there for dinner 2 Fridays ago...

^Sausage Platter

^Roast German Pork Knuckle

^Roast Piglet

What I did not take were pictures of the starters (salads) and desserts (mango ice-cream with whisky, and banana cake with banana ice-cream and ). I know... I'd make one lousy food blogger. For drinks, we all took bottled water (many many bottles of it) throughout the night.

The roast piglet was probably the most interesting dish we had because it came with a ritual that El Cerdo claimed to be a Spanish tradition. The ritual involved one of the diners cutting the piglet into halves using a porcelain plate, after which the plate was smashed into pieces inside a wooden bucket, but not before making a wish. It would make the wish come true, they say.

There were 6 of us that night, and we were all very full by the end of the meal. The food was really REALLY good, and the service was great, just my kind of style - not too formal, not too pretentious. Casual yet proper. I could feel the sincerity in their friendly service, unlike some over-the-top fancy restaurants. Same goes for the atmosphere. We took an outdoor table but thanks to the trees and bushes around us, it still felt cozy and not over-exposed. There was some interesting Spanish music playing in the background too.

Total damage was about RM506 (out of which, RM55 is for the bottled water!). That's about RM84 per person. Hefty, but I say it's worth it!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Meow!!! I want food too. where are u this Xmas?

kaioucat said...

I'll be in KL for Christmas. The weekend before Christmas, I'll be in KK.