There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Maero Attack

Those in their late twenties / early thirties, especially the ladies, would remember this one. Maero Attack was broadcasted in Malaysia's local TV sometime in the early 1990s.

As far as I can remember, it's a Japanese drama about this girl who aspires to be a successful volleyball player. Her name was June or something like that, and she could perform these fantastic volleyball smash hits, which I just learned are called spikes.

I remember how my classmates and I used to be so crazy over this show. Volleyball became a very popular sport in schools nationwide, thanks to this show. There were even "gangs" in my school that reenact the scenes from the latest episode each day. The most popular kid became the main character (June), while the rest became the supporting characters. I remember they REALLY went into characters, complete with the dramas, laughters, and cries. And I remember being very sad when the show ended. Oh, the naivety!



I love YouTube for bringing back these memories.

No comments: