There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Relieving Realisations

For quite some time, I had been asking myself whether I will regret leaving Singapore, and what is my true reason for leaving Singapore?

I have been telling everyone, including myself, that I am leaving to return to my family in Malaysia. What I haven't told anyone, is that there were two other possible reasons.

Possible reason number one - I have given up on trying to build a social life here. Yes, social life is important for me, although for more than a year now, I have been trying to convince myself otherwise. But then irony kicked in and I was made to realise I have actually found good friends in my colleagues. I gotta admit that this realisation did worry me a little. Have I made the wrong decision of leaving Singapore after what I have managed to build over the last three years?

Possible reason number two - I am using family as an excuse to leave my job which I may or may not dislike. But then I quit and had a taste of life in Singapore sans work.

And guess what? Now that I know I have good friends here and that I do not need to go back to work, my determination to go home didn't diminish one bit.

I can now honestly say that I am leaving Singapore because I want to go back to be with my family and fellow country-people. It is purely a pull factor.

I am only glad that things have turned out well towards the end of my Singapore chapter. There is finally some memories worthy of bringing home with me.

No comments: