Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kota Kinabalu Trip 2009 - Part 4 (END)

Day 8
New Year's Eve (Thursday)

Of all the days in my trip, I would say this was the most eventful day - mainly because I managed to visit the one place I most wanted to visit - my secondary school!

The day started with my visit to the Sabah State Museum alone. On the way there, I passed by my secondary school - St. Francis Convent, and saw the gate was open! I immediately called Momok to see if she could join me for a trespassing mission into the school compound. We agreed to meet after lunch. So I proceeded with my museum plan in the morning.
For lunch, I had Beaufort Mee - something I had never tried before. Again, no food pics...sigh.

Then comes the highlight of the day - visiting my old school!
^Pretending (unsuccessfully) to be back in school


^The chemical lab cum our classroom for Secondary 4 - the best year ever!

After the trespassing mission was accomplished, we headed to Warisan Square for some recharge (read: food and drinks).
Then Momok had to go home for dinner, and I had some time to visit these other places I wanted to see before I leave KK the next day.
^Centerpoint Sabah Shopping Complex

^Palm Square @ Centerpoint Sabah

^Karamunsing Shopping Complex

Come 9:00pm, I was back at Upperstar Damai for another gathering with secondary school friends. We had drinks all night long until past countdown. Then we headed to town to meet up with some other friends outside Shenanigans, and then to Foh Sang for (a really late) supper. By the time I was back in my hotel that night (morning), it was close to 4:00am!


Day 9
New Year's Day (Friday)

It was the day for me to leave KK - again =(
My last lunch was at Kedai Kopi Chuan Hin.
Ngau Lam Kolo Mee

Momok and Tiffany sent me off at Terminal 2. The entire trip had been really wonderful. It far exceeded my expectations and I managed to do all the things I wanted to do - meet old friends, visit old and new places, visit secondary school, and eat the foods. I had the best New Year celebration for many, many years. Goes to say how old friends are still the best.

I had a serious holiday withdrawal syndrome after this trip. That's why it took me so long to actually blog about it. It was too hard to talk about the trip and look at the pictures again when I was dreading the end of the holidays and the start of work!

I am also back to being alone most of the time again here in Singapore. Don't get me wrong. I really missed having so much alone time when I was constantly surrounded by friends in KK. But hey, I am not complaining either way. I appreciate both solitary and the company of great friends.

Oh well, I should be returning to KK again end of this year for our SFC Batch of Y2K 10-Year Anniversary Reunion! So, hooray!