Monday, December 7, 2009

Kicking-Off the Christmas Spirit at Work

Someone once asked me why am I so excited about Christmas when I don't believe in Christianity or Jesus Christ.

I say why be so particular about religion when it is the season people are nicer and friendlier?

Sure, it is the season merchants burn huge holes in consumer's pockets. I won't deny I am a victim myself. Even more guiltily so for knowingly fall for it. But you know what?

I am happy. Walking in the city with Christmas songs and decorations makes me happy. Seeing people in great holiday moods makes me happy. Buying gifts for loved ones make me happy. Treating myself to new items for the holiday seasons makes me happy. Some say it is unnecessary spending. I say necessity is subjective. As long as I am spending within my means and not on overpriced stuff, who's to say it's wrong?

Enjoy the holiday season while it lasts, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment