Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stage Fright

Remember in one of my earlier posts I mentioned I was roped into my department's acapella team? It's for a performance during the company's Dinner & Dance, and it's happening this Saturday. When I agreed to join almost 2 months ago, I didn't think I'd feel any stage fright at all because of the large team. But now that it's only 3 days away, I'm certainly feeling the anxiety of performing on stage in front of hundreds of people, some of which I work rather closely with in a very formal manner.

With so much experience speaking and performing on stage all those years ago, I really thought I was already accustomed to it. I guess familiarity requires practice to maintain, especially when circumstances have changed so much since the last time I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment