Monday, August 31, 2009

The Week of Confusion

Cant's sleep. Been having insomniac nights since I came back from KL.

So I thought, why not write a bit about how I spent the weekend?

I finished The Greed of Man. Marathon-ed the last 10 episodes on Friday night. By the time I finished it, it was already 5am on Saturday morning. I felt dazed from the sleepiness, but that did not stop the post-drama withdrawal syndrome. The drama was so good, I felt like clapping my hands after watching the last episode. LOL.

On Saturday night, I planned to go out for a night walk in the city, while trying out my new Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR. I thought of starting my walk in Esplanade. When I reached there, I found there were concerts going on at the Outdoor Theatre. It started at 11.30pm all the way till 1am. I don't know if it's called a concert, because it was just a couple of DJs on the stage playing popular dance music, and the audience crowd in front of the stage and danced along. The event was labeled as "Beat!" in the posters... but I don't know if that's the name of the event or is it the name of the DJ group.

The concert was rather fun, although the audience crowd was small - mostly Caucasian tourists. The size of the crowd did not stop them from going all out. I was tempted to join in but it felt rather syok sendiri because I didn't know anyone there. So I ended up standing at the side, like many other locals, watching the tourists have fun. It was still fun watching them, though. Their joy did rub off. I wish I had my crazy friends with me there.

When the concert ended at 1am, I continued my night walk towards Boat Quay. By this time, most of the shops were closed, and people had gone home. But there were still many night-people lingering along the Singapore River - some dating, some chit-chatting, and some just sitting there enjoying the night atmosphere. Several colonies of crowds gathered and cheered at the three or four bars that were showing a live football match between Manchester United and Arsenal. Besides these bars, the only shops that were open along Boat Quay were a couple of Hindi bars and a Jazz bar.

Further walk up the river brought me to Clarke Quay, where there were many more open bars and more crowds. The Ultimate Bungee (also known as the "reverse bungee") and the Extreme Swing were still in operation, and there were customers - mostly tourists, as far as I can see. Not surprising, really. Those things are famous for being just for tourists.

Finally I took the Night Rider 8 from Clarke Quay back to Bukit Batok. By the time I reached home, it was almost 4am and I was already on auto-pilot mode. Needless to say, I had no problem falling asleep that night.

You might recall I said the purpose of the night walk was to test my new digital camera. So where are the photos? I had them. Loads of them. HAD.

I imported them into iPhoto on my MacBook, and no thanks to my lack of proficiency in the application, I accidentally permanently deleted them all - both from my camera's memory card and from my MacBook.

I swear, I almost wanted to bang my head on the wall. In an effort to keep myself sane, I told myself at least now I have an excuse to go for another night walk next weekend. I gotta say, it was quite fun.

I realised I haven't been in the best mental condition lately. I'm not saying I'm crazy or anything. But I have problems concentrating and I seem to be rather confused a lot of times. First, I forgot to put my laundry to wash last Monday night, which I always do on Mondays. No big deal - so I did it on Tuesday night. But for some reasons, on Tuesday night, I thought it was Wednesday. I even reduced my laundry load thinking I had only one day to dry them, because I have to clear them from the drying poles on Thursday nights. I went to bed thinking the next day was Thursday. It wasn't until I went to work the next day, passed lunch time, before a colleague reminded me of a meeting that afternoon, which I thought I had absent-mindedly missed, since I thought it was Thursday. Even after returning home from work that day, I again forgot it was Wednesday. I almost collected my laundry from the drying poles. Almost. I did remember finally. And I had to constantly remind myself of it for the rest of the night.

What has gotten into me?!

Anyways. Happy Merdeka Day 2009, I guess.

1 comment:

Auron-Declan said...

waliaowehhhhh....your activities is like......wow~.........*salute*

Post a Comment