Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Smile Factor #10

My previous post on 21 Nov reminded me of something that is actually a Smile Factor. Before Ah Ten left KK for good around 6 years ago, I used to visit her almost everyday at her house (which was only occupied by her and her sister), either helping her with her course assignments or just to hang out. She introduced to me the then massively popular Taiwanese series called "Meteor Garden". My standard of Mandarin at the time was very poor, so Ah Ten had to translate to me every single dialogue as the show progressed. I was never keen in Taiwanese romance soap, but I admittedly was kinda hooked. I was even a fan of F4 for a while there (LOL!!!).


Anyway, the Smile Factor here is how diligent Ah Ten was at translating the dialogues to me (and once, to Momok as well). She did a good job! Once, she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of an episode. While she was away, a dramatic scene happened (which involved reading of a letter), and I was left utterly clueless as to what everyone was getting all upset about. I was practically yelling at Ah Ten to come back quickly to translate for me.

Oh, the folly of youth...

2 comments:

Post a Comment