There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Best Sleep Ever

Last night, I had the best sleep ever for a long time. I went to Pengerang (Johor) yesterday. Woke up at 6.20am (!!!) to catch an early boat there. Once there, we cycled for I think a coupla hours total. Not to mention the scorching hot sun that afternoon. I'm glad I wore a cap, although my arms are now reddish brown. I hadn't exercised for so long, that those 2 hours of leisure cycling gave me muscle aches all over. Nonetheless, it feels really good. I almost forgot how it feels to work out.

So it had been a long, tiring day. By the end of the day, I was basically on auto-pilot mode. Reached home at 10.30pm and took a shower, which (as expected) freshened me up a little bit, so I went online for a while. I finally collapsed to bed at 12 midnight. I don't even remember the trying-to-fall-asleep phase. The next thing I knew, I woke up at 8am. Went back to sleep after that and ended up waking up at close to 11am. I did dream of something, but I can't seem to remember any details.

I didn't feel like taking photos during the trip. Hence, no photos to show here. I just felt like taking the trip free and easy, just a casual outing. The trip turned out more adventurous than I expected. We almost could not return to Singapore because we missed the last bump boat from Pengerang terminal. We even thought of staying there for the night. We ended up going to Sebana to catch a more expensive ferry to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal in Singapore. The road to Sebana was amazingly secluded. I couldn't even see where the road ahead was leading towards. There was one part of the journey with tall grass on both sides of the extremely narrow road. I wanted to snap a picture of that road but the taxi window could not be wound down (!!!). I felt like I was in an episode of Amazing Race, where I am a contestant seriously in doubt of whether the taxi driver knows where he's going. It was a hilarious scene, though.

So instead of the initially planned return to Singapore at 5pm, we ended up reaching Singapore at 8pm. Instead of the initially planned expenditure of RM60 per person, we spent almost RM150 each (thank goodness some of us brought extra cash). But hey, that's RM150 for a day-long adventure. That's way more worthy than an afternoon of shopping at Orchard that could cost me a whopping SGD500!

No comments: