There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another One of Those Moments

I'm having another one of those reminiscing moments. This time, it started with me searching for a song I overheard in a restaurant, which was a song I remember listening to many years ago. The song was "Dying Inside to Hold You" by Timmy Thomas. The strange things is I can't recall when exactly had I been listening to this song.

When I listened to the downloaded song, it triggered my yearning to listen to more songs from my earlier days. So I went on a rigour search for songs on the chart way back from the mid 1990s till before I came to Singapore (those were the times I listened to the most music and watched the most MTV). Let's just say the search was an easy one, and I am now waiting for my download to complete.

And while I was at it, I also began thinking about the movies I used to watch. It is then I remembered that the first ever American movie I watched without having to wait for it to be released on local TV (watched it from a VCD) was She's All that. I found the VD stashed in big bro's CD rack, and I was eager to explore what the computer could do (I remember being such a curious noob with computer at the time). So I opened the movie and watched it. I remember falling in love with that movie so much (mostly because it was a teen movie about high school life, and well, I was in the peak of my high school life). My classmates were also very into that movie.

However, now that I think about that movie again. I realised the movie is too simple and too predictable. I believe it was one of the first teen movies made, which was followed by many other teen movies to come. If I were to watch that movie again today, the impact would be so minuscule. Understandable, really. After all, I'm so over high school now. I am now more into romance movies like Love Actually and the more recent Made of Honour!

I love these reminiscing moments. Too bad nowadays I don't have much time for it. Some say it's not healthy to look back so much. I agree. I used to look back and yearn to go back so much. The reminiscing moments used to always end up with me crying. But over the recent years, I have stopped feeling that way. Not so much, at least, because I do sometimes wish I could go back. But now I have learnt to appreciate the present, and these reminiscing moments become happy moments for me, instead of sad moments.

I hope I am making sense in this post. My mind is still in a blur and it's after midnight.

And I was dying inside~ to hold you~ couldn't believe how I felt for you~

No comments: