Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My 25th Birthday Cake

I ended up buying a whole chocolate cake...

I just think that a whole cake is more suitable for birthdays. You know, it symbolises wholesomeness.

The cake shop was in the midst of closing when I showed up. That was after my night Chinese class. The time was around 9.45pm.

I didn't plan to light any candles, I just wanted to have a whole birthday cake. But when the cake seller asked me how many candles I wanted, I told her, with some hesitation, to give me 2 big ones and 5 small ones.

I reached home at 10.30pm. Removed the cake from its box, poke the candles onto the cake, lit them up, sang Happy Birthday softly to myself, made a wish, and blew the candles. Only when I was removing the candles from the cake (leaving ugly patches which ruined the cake's prettiness) that I remembered I had planned to take a picture of my birthday cake with lit candles! Alas, it was too late to do anything, as I have thrown the used candles into the rubbish bin and the cake was already ruined.

I had 2 slices of the cake right then. I'm certain I'd have no problem finishing the whole cake. But I'm also certain that I SHOULDN'T be finishing the whole cake by myself (as repeatedly reminded by Mom and lil' bro). I don't really have much choice, actually. The only person I can share the cake with is my landlady, whom I did offer my cake to. Doubt that she would eat much of it, though.

It's 11.55pm now. So I guess this is it, my 25th birthday, and my first away from loved ones. It wasn't unpleasant, but I have to admit I'd have liked it much more if I had my family and old friends with me. Somehow I get this feeling that this is not the last time I'd be spending my birthday alone. Guess I'd better get used to it.

Happy 25th birthday to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaa.. i was googling how to spend my 25th alone as well. anyways ! todays my birthday and i just want to say happy belated 25th !!!

kaioucat said...

and a happy belated 25th birthdy to u too =)

Post a Comment